If you are an Artlogic customer and are interested in automatically sending quote requests to ARTA from your inventory system, our integration is for you.
Read on below to learn how to use this new feature that should save you and your team bundles of time.
- You must be an existing Artlogic customer
- The ARTA Quote Request feature must be enabled in your Artlogic account. Need to enable it or not sure how to see whether or not it's enabled? Check out this article.
How to create an ARTA Quote Request in Artlogic:
- Find and select the artworks you would like to request an ARTA quote for in your Artlogic dashboard.
- At the bottom of the screen click the "Create..." > Documents/Reports button. This will open a pop-up where you will see a "Shipping" section. Click on the "Request ARTA shipping quote" option.
- A new screen will open where you can review and edit the information you would like to submit to ARTA. Once you're ready, click "Save" at the bottom of the screen. The button will update to "Submit to ARTA" and you can click again to submit.
- A pop-up will display on the screen asking you to confirm the quote request submission. Click "Continue".
- A new browser window will open the Quote Request page in the ARTA platform. If you are not logged in or don't have an ARTA account you will be prompted to first log in or sign up for an ARTA account.
- All information from Artlogic will be automatically populated into the ARTA Quote Request. Review all details to ensure everything is correct, then hit "Submit Shipment Request" at the bottom of the page.
You can then sit back and relax while the ARTA team gets to work. Quotes will be provided within 24 hours (if US domestic) or within 48 hours (if international). You will be notified via the ARTA dashboard and email when new quotes have been added to your request.
- You can view and resubmit saved ARTA Quote Requests in Artlogic via the Artworks > Tools > View Shipping Quote Requests page
- When reviewing your request in the ARTA Quote Request page you can add additional information that might be helpful in the quoting process, including extra services you would like to request, shipping vendor preferences, or extra notes regarding special handling