We are aware that many of our users will not be paying for the shipments they are facilitating. Or, especially in scenarios in which the booking party must adhere to NY state tax regulations, a user might be organizing and paying for the shipment on behalf of a client, who is ultimately approving the costs.
For this reason, we have provided two options for booking a shipment. At the bottom of every shipment in the Quoted tab in your dashboard, you will see either: "SELECT & PAY FOR QUOTE" and "SELECT QUOTE".
Choosing the "SELECT QUOTE" button allows you to select the quote of your choice without requiring that you submit payment at selection time. This will then move your shipment in your dashboard from the Quoted tab to the Selected tab.
You might choose the "SELECT QUOTE" in the following scenarios:
- If you are the user coordinating the shipment, but someone besides yourself is responsible for payment.
- If you, the ARTA user, are responsible for paying for a shipment, but your client or third party is approving the cost, you can share a public link with them for their review and they can choose "SELECT QUOTE" on the option they'd like to move forward with.
Note, ARTA requires payment (or specification of payment method if you're an open terms customer) prior to confirming a booking with a shipping partner. Thus, simply choosing "SELECT QUOTE" alone does not mean that we are moving forward to confirm your booking.
You will need to follow these next steps:
If a third party is responsible for payment:
- Choose "Select Quote" on the quote of your choice in your dashboard. The page will update to show only your selected quote and the shipment will move to the Selected tab.
- Click "Share" in the header of your shipment and share the public link with whoever is responsible for payment. You can share a shipment with anyone, regardless of whether they have an ARTA account or not. Only that specific shipment and associated quotes you have shared will be visible.
- Once your client (or anyone with the shared link) views the page, they will only see the quote you selected. Instruct the payment party to click "Pay for Quote" and submit their credit card payment details directly on this page.
- As soon as someone submits a payment, you will see the payment status flag on the shipment update to "PAID" and also receive an email with the subject "ARTA | Payment Confirmation".
If you are responsible for payment but would like your client or third party to approve which quote they would like to move forward with:
- Click "Share" in the header of any shipment in the Quoted tab to copy and share the public link with your client or third party. You can share a shipment with anyone, regardless of whether they have an ARTA account or not. Only that specific shipment and associated quotes you have shared will be visible.
- Instruct your client to click "Select Quote" on the quote of their choice.
- Once your client has Selected a quote, you will see the shipment in the Selected tab in your ARTA dashboard and will receive an email with the subject "ARTA | Quote Selected". Your team can now submit payment with your preferred method through the ARTA dashboard by clicking the "Pay for Quote" button and entering your payment details.
SELECT & PAY FOR QUOTE
For customers not based in the EU: If you are on a tight schedule or know which quote you want and are ready to pay (either via credit card or to be invoiced with open terms), please move forward with the "SELECT & PAY FOR QUOTE" option, which will select your specified quote and prompt you for payment details.
Once you provide your payment details, you will receive an Payment Confirmation email. The shipping partner will be notified and confirm your shipment via email.
For customers based in the EU: Due to changes in EU payments regulation in the Fall of 2019, you now have two payment methods available when booking shipments: direct bank transfer and credit card.
If you would like to pay with a direct bank transfer, you can request an invoice through your ARTA dashboard. When you're ready to book a shipment, simply select "Request Invoice" and within 24 hours you will see your invoice in the "Documents" tab on your shipment view in the dashboard. From there you will be able to view, download, and pay your invoice. *Please note: your shipment will not be considered booked until we receive the bank transfer, so please allow time for the transfer to take place and book accordingly. If already on payment terms with us, the terms will remain the same.
If you would like to pay for your shipment with a credit card, please note that for a temporary amount of time you will no longer be able to do this directly in the ARTA dashboard. Instead, you can call our team and they will accept your credit card payment over the phone.